Progenesis IVF Fertility is introducing a one-year structured Fellowship Program in Reproductive Medicine, wherein selected candidates shall be imparted focused education & training in the field of Reproductive Medicine.
The Progenesis IVF Fellowship Programme will be offered from the following Progenesis IVF Fertility centres
Exact locations will be announced along with every batch.
Eligibility for Admission
The eligibility criterion and regulations shall be set by the Academic Board of Progenesis IVF Fertility and can be modified based on their discretion. These criteria are as follows.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Candidates who have passed and obtained Medical Post Graduate Clinical Courses and Super-Speciality degree courses recognized by the Medical Council of India are only eligible to join in Progenesis IVF Fellowship Programme. This includes MD (Medicine), MS (Master of Surgery), DNB (Diplomate of National Board), DGO (Diploma in Obsterics & Gynaecology).
- Candidates who have passed and obtained MRCOG, FRCOG & AB of Obsterics & Gynaecology are also eligible to apply for the Fellowship Programme.
- Candidates who have studied in foreign countries (outside India) and passed in clinical courses in Obsterics & Gynaecology are eligible to join the Fellowship Programme upon producing the following Certificates.
a. The Equivalent Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
b. Temporary Registration Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
c. Migration certificate from the university where Post Graduate degree was obtained.
Minimum Age Qualification
The maximum age limit for applying is 35 years.
Duration of the Course
The duration for the Fellowship Programme is one year. The admission for the Fellowship Programme is done twice every calendar year in the months of January and July.
Selection of Candidates
The candidates for the Fellowship Programme shall be selected by the Academic Admissions committee in a fair and transparent manner. The Admissions Academic committee comprising of Dr Narhari Malagaonkar and Dr Sonali Malagaonkar shall set the criterion and will monitor the process of selection, training, and conduct of the examination.
- The candidates selected will become a bonafide student of Progenesis IVF Fertility.
- The list of registered candidates will be published on our website.
- The number of candidates at each centre will be at a maximum of 1 (ONE) per centre at any one time
- The candidates will be screened in a written test and interviewed orally prior to selection
Commencement of the Course & Probation Period
The One Year Fellowship Programme will commence on 1st of January and 1st of July every year. There would be a mandatory probation period of 2 (two) months during which the aptitude and attitude of fellow students will be assessed. All fellow students must mandatorily pass the probation period successfully to continue the Fellowship
Progenesis IVF Fertility Academic Committee shall constitute the faculty for the fellowship program and will include visiting faculty members.
The Curriculum, Guidelines, Fees and the syllabus for the course shall be as prescribed in these regulations and are subject to modifications by the Progenesis IVF Fertility Academic Board.
- Basic anatomy and physiology of male and female reproductive system
- Applied Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Pathology of the male and female reproductive system.
- Endocrinology of the reproductive system
- Ultra-sonography in reproductive medicine
- Endoscopic surgery, both Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy
- Diagnosis of male and female infertility
- Ovulation Induction
- Monitoring of Ovulation
- Intrauterine insemination
- Controlled Ovarian Stimulation
- Ovum pick up and Embryo transfer
- Safety issue in ART including OHSS and multiple pregnancies
- Basics of Reproductive Genetics:
a. Genetic history and counselling
b. Approach to chromosome analysis
c. Prenatal diagnosis
d. Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis
e. Pre-implantation genetic screening
f. Endometrial Receptivity assay
- Research Methodology
- Medical statistics
- Writing and presenting a paper
The commencement of examination for the Fellowship Programme will be on any day within the calendar month of June and December which will be communicated to the Fellows via email on date time and location with 15 days’ notice. The examination will be conducted with one internal Examiner i.e. the Course Director who is the Convener of the examination and Two External Examiner chosen by the institution. The maximum age limit for the examiner is 70. All the expenses for the Examiners will be borne by the institution. Progenesis IVF Fertility will have one observer on the Examination day.
Course Fees, Stipend and Follow on Employment
Fees: The fees for the 1-year fellowship course are INR 4,00,000. This fee needs to be remitted by the fellow student at the beginning of the course.
Stipend: The fellowship candidates will be paid a stipend of INR 30,000 per month for a period of one year, excluding the probation period.
Certificate: The successful candidates shall receive a Provisional Certification at the end of their training. The successful candidates may suffix his/ her name with Fellow in Reproductive Medicine (Progenesis IVF Fertility)
Follow-on Employment: Based on availability of open positions and Progenesis discretion, select fellowship students will be offered follow-on full-time employment as IVF consultation at a Progenesis IVF Fertility centre in India.
Intake for Batch of August-2018 and Key Dates
Date of application: 1st May 2018 to 15th June 2018
Tentative Date of Interviews: 15-July-2018 (only shortlisted candidates will be called)
Fellowship Start Date: 01-Aug-2018
Fees: The fees for the 1-year fellowship course are INR 4,00,000. This fee needs to be remitted by the fellow student at the beginning of the course. A service tax 15% will also be levied on the fees and this will need to be borne by the candidate.